BRIAN WEEKS, MD
ENT-OTOLARYNGOLOGY / HEAD-NECK ONCOLOGY & RECONSTRUCTION / SKULL BASE SURGERY
At the SENTA Medical Clinic, Dr. Brian Weeks specializes in diseases of the ear, nose, throat, as well as tumors of the head and neck region, including thyroid, parathyroid, and skull base tumors. He has advanced specialty training in endoscopic sinus surgery and is a national/international leader in balloon sinuplasty surgery. Additionally, Dr. Week has expertise in minimally invasive surgeries of the head and neck and head & neck reconstruction. His role in the reconstruction of the head and neck includes management of skin cancers, facial defects, blemishes, and cosmetic imperfections. He also provides extensive knowledge in skincare, facial peels, and facial care products.
Brian H. Weeks, MD, was born in Chicago, IL, and grew up in San Diego, CA. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Physiology, with an emphasis in Neurosciences, in 1992 as an Honors graduate of the UCSD. He completed Medical School at The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, earning his Doctorate of Medicine in 1996. Doctor Brian Weeks completed his ENT-Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery training at The Baylor College of Medicine in The Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Sciences in Houston, TX in 2002. His training included intensive clinical work at The Ben Taub General Hospital, The Methodist Hospital, St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital, and Texas Children’s Hospital. He also completed extensive training at The MD Anderson Cancer Center, in the division of Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery. During his training, he completed a 6-month research fellowship in the Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, studying the biologic behavior of skin cancers, and how and why they develop.
Dr. Brian Weeks is board-certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology/ Head and Neck Surgery & a candidate member of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology/ Head & Neck Surgery and the American Academy of Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery. He is also an active member of the San Diego Society of Otolaryngology/ Head & Neck Surgery. He has authored or presented numerous scientific works focused on head and neck tumors, skull base disorders, and head & neck reconstruction. He is actively involved in technology advances in the field of head and neck surgery and serves as an expert consultant and advisor for numerous medical device companies. He also serves as a consultant for numerous professional musicians and recording artists, as well as professional athletes in a variety of sports.
- San Diego Magazine “Top Doctors”, 2007, 2008. San Diego County Medical Society (SDCMS) peer selected outstanding physicians. Only 5% percent of SDCMS physicians are selected for this honor.
- Scientific Advancement of Medicine Award, August 2007. Alvarado Hospital award given for contributions and innovation in Otolaryngology leading to significant changes in care and healthcare delivery.
- Texas Association of Otolaryngology Research Award, 2002 Lloyd Stores, MD Award for most Outstanding Resident Research Paper, Dallas Foundation Otolaryngology, Dallas, TX
- Synthes/AO Research Award, 2002 Outstanding Clinical Research Paper, Travel Award, Symposium on Advanced Crainiofacial Reconstruction, Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Kelsey-Sebold Foundation, J. Charles Dickson Award, 2000 & 2001 Outstanding Basic Science Research as a Resident in Otolaryngology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Outstanding Basic Science Research, 1st Prize, 2000 Baylor College of Medicine/The Methodist Hospital 9th Annual Oncology Research and Poster Session, Houston, TX
- Texas ENT Specialists Resident Teaching Award, 1999 & 2000 Excellence in Peer & Medical Student Teaching, Houston, TX
- Baylor College of Medicine Teaching Excellence Award, 1999, 2002 & 2003 In Recognition of Teaching Excellence as a House Officer, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Competitive Research Grant, University of Michigan Medical School, 1993
- Provost’s Honors Graduate, 1992 UCSD, San Diego, CA
- Revelle College Honors Graduate, 1992 UCSD, San Diego, CA
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 1997-Present
- American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, 1997-Present
- American College of Surgeons, Candidate Member, 2001
- North American Skull Base Society, Candidate Member, 2001
- Galens Medical Society, 1992-Present
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology, Board Certification, 2003
- California Medical License, 2001
- Comprehensive Thyroplasty Course, Baylor College of Medicine, 2001
- AO-Synthes Comprehensive Craniofacial Plating Course, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997, 1998 & 2000
- Temporal Bone Dissection Course, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997 & 2000
- Laser (CO2, YAG) Safety Certification, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997
- Otolaryngology Basic Science Course, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), 1996
SENTA Clinic® is comprised of a group of experienced, board-certified physicians and health care professionals who are the best in their field and focus on conditions of the head and neck.
Whether you’re looking for a neurosurgeon, otolaryngologist, neurologist, plastic surgeon, audiologist or allergist, you’re in the right place.
All information contained on this website is intended for informational and educational purposes. The information is not intended nor suited to be a replacement or substitute for professional medical treatment or for professional medical advice relative to a specific medical question or condition.
3590 Camino Del Rio North
San Diego, CA 92108
Phone: (619) 810-1000